Wednesday 26 August 2009

The Sketchbook Project

I am going to put all of my work for this project on this blog so I can keep it all in one place and it is easy to add to or to view.
My topic is Outside of Myself. I have been thinking about it for some time, deciding on approaches and then rejecting them. Now I have mulled it over for a while I know what I want to do.
One part of the sketchbook is going to take the title quite literally-as in how I look-what I wear, aspects of my appearance-maybe a fabric, an eye, a piece of jewellery. I like considering what I wear and how I look-some of the time and the things that make my appearance more interesting-such as pattern, colour and adornment are the things that interest me about it.
Secondly the sketchbook will contain things that can take me outside of myself-take me away from considering life from a self-centered point of view and transport me to another place or feeling-they might be happy, joyous things or they might evoke other emotions. This finalising of my approach to the sketchbook came to me today while I was hoovering!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Sarah! I didn't realize you already have your sketchbook and know your theme! Wow! Sounds like a fabulous project!

Would you mind sharing how big the journal is and how many pages it has? That would help me decide whether I might be able to commit to a project like this. Thanks! :-)

Anairam said...

HA! I always knew there was a deep and meaningful reason to hoover... Your project sounds great though. I'll check in every now and then to see!

Candace said...

Oh how wonderful! This sounds super-funtastic. I will check in with your project -- of course!

Tracy said...

Very exciting, Sarah! I look forward to popping in here to follow along with you. Have fun...dream, explore! :o)

Mary S. Hunt said...

You and Anne inspired me to join the project too...my theme is "and suddenly..."
i am glad to be sharing the experience with familiar faces
:)